Independence at Home (IAH) provides no-cost programs, support, and resource referrals for older adults and caregivers.
Welcome to Independence at Home (IAH), a community service department of SCAN Health Plan, dedicated to helping older adults and their caregivers. IAH is SCAN's commitment to its nonprofit mission of keeping seniors healthy and independent, while supporting communities, by offering crucial support and services.
IAH’s dedicated team of experts, including social workers, nurses, therapists, gerontologists, and health educators, all work together to assist older adults in staying healthy, safe, and comfortable in their own homes.
IAH offers many helpful services, such as:
- Care Management: Through the Multipurpose Senior Services (MSSP) program, IAH Care Managers work with Medi-Cal eligible older adults ages 65+, their family members, and medical team to find and coordinate services to help them remain in their homes and communities of choice (Offered in select zip codes in Los Angeles County).
- Mental Health Counseling: Trained therapists provide one-on-one and group therapy to older adults 55+ and caregivers of older adults to support emotional well-being (Offered in California Only).
- Mental Health Classes: Trained facilitators provide community educational classes to older adults 55+ and caregivers of older adults on topics related to mental health and well-being.
- Community Health Education: Informative in person and online classes about a variety of topics, such as staying healthy as you age, managing health conditions, getting help for caregivers, preventing falls, and more.
- Technology Program and Supports: We're here to help older adults 55+ become more comfortable with using computers and the internet.
- Homeless Services: If you or someone you know is dealing with housing problems, our team can help connect those that are 55+ and their caregivers to local resources and support (Offered in Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties).
- Community Giving Program: We provide financial support to eligible non-profit organizations and government agencies, who provide direct services to older adults ages 55+ and caregivers within SCAN Health Plan service areas.
If you're an older adult, caregiver, or non-profit organization and want to learn more about IAH, please contact us at 1-866-421-1964 or complete the form below. We're here to assist you and connect you to different services and support.
Do you want to receive the latest news from Independence at Home delivered straight to your inbox? Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletters here!
Sign up for IAH Los Angeles County Newsletter: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/4xcj779
Sign up for IAH Orange County Newsletter: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/NC2T1W2
Sign up for IAH Inland Empire E-Newsletter: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/rp0KZ6v
Sign up for IAH's Monthly Newsletter: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/Z7shPGd