The Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP) fosters and maintains the independence and dignity of seniors in home and community settings.
MSSP began in 1977 with five sites in the State of California. Today, there are 38 sites statewide that continue the mission with Independence at Home administering the largest program in California.
One call puts you in contact with a highly trained, experienced social worker who will listen and answer your questions. Whether you need assistance or you’re a caregiver for someone who needs assistance, we are committed to helping you find a solution.
Multipurpose Senior Services Program Flyers
- Provide long-term care management services to older adults.
- Prevent and delay unnecessary nursing home placement.
- Foster independent living in the community homes.
- Delivered via telephone calls, video chats or in-person.
- Provided by an interdisciplinary team of registered nurses and social workers who provide comprehensive assessment, care planning, service coordination and advocacy.
- Offered at no cost to eligible clients.